Andean Dream Recipes
Chefs: The Double Energy Twins
Love the burst of lemon flavor in this orzo salad. The chopped parsley and mint give a refreshing twist to this delicious salad. Can be served as a side or main dish. Andean Dream's Quinoa Orzo pasta is ideal because it's al dente texture works great with the green onions and bell pepper! We have done different variations of this salad by adding cashews and/or fresh corn kernels. Yield: 2-4 servings.
- Cook orzo according to directions and stir frequently.
- Place cooked orzo in a large bowl.
- Add green onions, celery, red bell pepper, parsley, and mint to orzo mixture.
- In a separate bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper and sea salt. Stir well.
- Stir lemon juice dressing into orzo mixture. Chill and serve.
- 8 ounce box Andean Dream Quinoa Orzo
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
Chef: Jesus Ceniceros
Andean Pasta Salad
Quinoa pasta mixed with bright colored vegetables, flavored with lime and garlic. A tasty dish that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- Combine olive oil, shitake mushrooms, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the mushroom mixture on a cookie sheet for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown. Once cooked, let cool. (Note: Be careful not to over cook mushrooms. They will lose the flavor profile)
- In a separate bowl, mix parsley, red peppers, yellow peppers.
- Incorporate mushroom mixture with pepper mixture, add salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and mix toughly.
- Toss truffle oil and lime juice evenly and mix all ingredients making sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Let the pasta salad sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes for oil and lime juice to penetrate the pasta.
- Place 12 oz of Andean Pasta Salad into a pasta bowl, mounted to the center of the plate.
- Sprinkle zesty lime and parmesan cheese around the pasta. Garnish if desired.
- 8 ounce box Andean Dream elbow pasta, prepared
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- ½ cup fresh red peppers, diced
- 1 med shallot, shaved
- ¼ cup fresh yellow peppers, diced
- 1 ounce white truffle oil
- A pinch of grated Parmesan
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced (Juliane 3/8)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounce olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon zesty lime (use a micro plane)
- a pinch of zesty lime
Flavor: Rich lime garlic flavor
Appearance: Bright colors, fresh, tasty appearance
Temperature: 38-41 degrees
Texture: Firm, creamy
Chef: Martha Rose Shulman
Spaghetti with Fresh Peas, Garlic and Tarragon
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously, keeping in mind that you will be adding 1/2 cup of this water to the finished pasta (so don’t be too generous). Add spaghetti and set timer for 5 minutes less than the cooking time suggested on package. Warm a pastabowl.
Meanwhile combine olive oil and sliced garlic in small skillet or saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until oil begins to bubble around the garlic slices. Watch garlic closely and cook until it just begins to color and smell fragrant. Remove from heat and pour oil and garlic into pasta bowl.
When timer goes off add peas to pasta water. Boil for another 5 minutes. Ladle out 1/2 cup cooking water from pasta and set aside. Drain pasta and peas and toss immediately in the warm pasta bowl with oil and garlic, reserved water from the pasta, herbs, Parmesan, and pepper. Serve at once.
- 1 pound fresh English peas (1 cup shelled)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves or 2 to 3 green garlic cloves, to taste, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped or finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- 3/4 pound Andean Dream Quinoa Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Freshly ground black pepper
Chef: Brigitte M. Britton, CHN
Andean Dream Quinoa Protein Italian Fusilli
Organic, gluten free Andean Dream Quinoa Protein Fusilli pasta with sun dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, skim organic mozzarella, shredded parmesan, coconut milk, fresh chopped basil, organic chicken sausages, organic broccoli rabe, plum tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper, with scallions & basil.
Step 1. In a medium size saucepan add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil stovetop high heat (about 10 to 15 minutes for Fusilli Quinoa Pasta). Make sure you mix pasta continuously so it does not stick.
Step 2. In the meantime pre-heat medium high heat a medium size sauté non-stick pan. Then punch some holes with a fork in the Italian sausages, spray some coconut oil cooking spray on the pan and sear the sausages until browned all around, approximately 3 to 4 minutes, then lower heat to low as they will need to thoroughly cook inside about 8 more minutes.
Step 3. Make sure to wash/ dry dishes and clean as you go. So keep a large empty bowl on the counter next to you for garbage then dump into main garbage. Always leave your counter/prep space clean.
Step 4. When the water has reached boiling add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt then the whole box of the Andean Dream Quinoa Fusilli Pasta and stir periodically for 10 to 15 minutes till done or al dente. Make sure you keep checking it so it does not OVERCOOK by testing one piece with a fork!
Step 5. Add 6 cups pf water to your second medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil, then add the washed broccoli rabe and cook for 3 minutes, drain the water and place in a serving bowl add a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and black pepper, mix well add a squeeze of lemon, mix again.
Step 6. Dice all your plum tomatoes, peppers and the scallions and place in a small bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and pepper and fresh chopped basil ¼ cup, a squeeze of lemon too, mix well and set aside.
Step 7. Rinse and dry any dishes and put them away, then check your pasta and stir it as it should almost be ready. If the fork goes through it easily when you check it and taste it to make sure it’s not too hard or soft.
Step 8. When the pasta is ready drain it and pour into the non-stick copper sauté pan and add the coconut milk with fresh chopped basil, sundried tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped peppers, sea salt and pepper mix well and cover.
Step 9. In the meantime, remove the dirty pans rinse and wash quickly including any dishes, utensils and knives and cutting boards make sure you dry and put them all away.
Step 10. Finish by adding the whole package of the mozzarella and parmesan shredded cheese to the cooked quinoa fusilli pasta mix well and eat! Place your empty saucepan in the sink and soak with hot water and soap wash quickly, dry it and VOILA! 4 dishes in less the 30 minutes and a spotless kitchen again!
- Organic, gluten free, Andean Dream Quinoa protein fusilli pasta-8oz box
- Organic Skim shredded mozzarella cheese-8oz package, Shredded organic parmesan-8oz package
- Orange pepper diced-1 whole, Large organic Italian chicken sausages-4, Broccoli rabe-½lb
- Italian plum tomatoes-4 large, Coconut milk-1 container, Fresh chopped basil-15 leaves
- Himalayan sea salt-1 tsp, Black pepper-1 tsp, Sun dried tomatoes-1 small package diced
- Fresh cloves of garlic peeled and diced-4 large, Fresh bunch of scallions chopped-4 whole
- Dry Oregano-½ tsp, Coconut Cooking Oil Spray, Extra Virgin Olive Oil-¼ cup, Water-8 cups
- 2 Non-Stick medium size sauté pans
- 2 Medium size Copper Chef pans
- 2 medium size bowls
- 1 serving platter medium size
Chef: Masa Ose
Pesto Quinoa Pasta
- Saute garlic, shallots in olive oil over medium heat
- Add chili flakes and saute until the shallots are translucent and the garlic is toasted
- Deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock
- Add Pesto and butter then reduce to a sauce like consistency
- Place cooked pasta into pot of boiling water for 10 seconds, then strain and place into the sauce mixture
- Toss the pasta in the sauce and coat with pesto mixture
- Season with salt and pepper. Seasoning will be based on the salt in vegetable stock or broth used.
- Place pasta into bowl and top with burrata cheese and cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle the pine nuts on the pasta
- Drizzle balsamic reduction on the burrata cheese and finish with basil chiffonade
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1.5 oz dry white wine
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1.5 oz burrata
- 1 tsp balsamic reduction
- 7 oz Andean Dream Pasta, cooked
- 1 tsp shallot, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 oz vegetable stock / broth
- 3 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 oz cherry tomato
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp basil, chiffonade
- To taste: kosher salt and black pepper
Chefs: The Double Energy Twins
Spiral Tomato Basil Pasta
Love eating this pasta salad alone or on top of a fresh garden salad. This refreshing salad can last up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside in large bowl.
- Add bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, olives and basil to pasta and stir gently.
- In small bowl stir or whisk olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, oregano, black pepper and garlic
- Stir dressing into pasta and mix well. Chill & Serve
- 16 ounces of Fusilli Pasta (We use two boxes (8 ounces) of Andean Dream Fusilli Pasta)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes,, halved
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- *Optional: 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
We love tossing this pasta salad with fresh pine nuts or cashews.
Chef: Roy Elam
Summer Bean Macaroni Salad
To Assemble Salad: In a large mixing bowl add cooked and cooled macaroni, the shelled snap peas, sliced dragon beans, capers, and carrots. Next add the dressing then toss until everything is evenly distributed.
Plating: Put 1 1/2 Tbsp of the pea purée on a plate then spoon about 1 cup of the macaroni salad on top. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.
- 3 cups cooked Andean Dream Macaroni Noodles (1.5 cups dry). Shocked with cold water
- 5 oz snap peas, shelled (reserve shells)
- 1 small carrot, matchsticked
- one small shallot, minced
- 2.5 oz dragon beans, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp capers
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp old bay
- Whisk together by hand
Pea shell purée
- reserved snap pea shells, blanched
- lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Enough water to get everything going in the blender
- Blend until smooth. Use your judgement on this purée. It's very easy to make this delicious!
Chef: Lance Corralez
Cherry Crumble Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, place the cherries, lemon zest, orange juice and honey. Gently mix with a spoon. Then add the tapioca flour and gently mix. In a separate bowl add the Andean Dream cookies and the melted butter and mix.
Place the cherry mixture in soufflé dishes (4 oz. dishes). Fill about 1 inch from the top then sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 2 lbs. fresh cherries pitted and cut in half
- 1 lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Andean Dream Coconut cookies, crumbled
- ¼ cup melted butter
For the crust
- Oil a 9 in. ring mold
- 3 cups of Andean Dream Coconut quinoa cookies, crumbled (Approximately 15 cookies)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
Chef: Giancarla Bodoni
Key Lime, Basil and Coconut Cookies
Once your cashews have been soaking overnight, rinse them in a colander. Place the cashews in a blender with the lime juice, agave, basil leaves, zest and nutmeg. Process until very smooth. You may help yourself with a spatula. It is important the mixture is not grainy.
Place the cookie crust on the ring mold and press it down as hard as you can. Pour onto the crust the lime and cashew mixture. Place covered in the refrigerator and allow to set approximately 5 hours. Serve with mixed berries, mango or pineapple.
- 4 cups of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 3/4 cup of lime juice
- 4 basil leaves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Zest of one lime